This is a recipe straight out of a Taste of Home cookbook I have where all recipes have 5 ingredients or less. You can find the recipe here. I altered the preparation of it so it would be easier and use less dishes, because having 5 ingredients isn't easy enough. We've been making this for a few years and love the savory taste of it. Funny side note, the last time we ate it was Christmas Eve when Matt made it for me. I went into labor early the next morning. So, if you are pregnant...! I'm sure the fact I was past my due date had nothing to do with the whole situation. :)
1. You will need 8-10 small red potatoes, 1 lb italian sausage, 1 10oz container of frozen spinach, 7c. chicken broth, and 1 package of Italian dressing seasoning. My seasoning packet isn't pictured because I forgot to buy it! Thank goodness for substitutions found on the internet! I use bouillon cubes instead of pre-made broth. I used 6 cubes to 7 cups of water because this soup can get a bit salty with the Italian dressing packet.
2. The original recipe calls for a dutch oven which I don't have. I used my large wok instead. I browned the sausage in the wok, then drained and rinsed it and put it back in the wok. Wash and chop the potatoes, and thaw and drain the spinach. Add all ingredients to soup.
3. Boil for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. All done! Pretty easy, huh?
1 lb sausage
1 10oz pkg frozen spinach
8-10 small red potatoes, chopped
1 packet of Italian dressing seasoning
7c. chicken broth (or 6 bouillon cubes and 7 cups of water)
1. Brown sausage in wok. Drain and rinse. Return sausage to wok.
2. Thaw spinach and squeeze out excess water. Wash and chop potatoes.
3. Add remaining ingredients to wok. Boil 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Serve.