1. Both sets of earrings-c/o Happiness Boutique (statement earrings, ear jackets, worn here and here)
2. White portofino-Express $10.46 (save, splurge)
3. Pink sweatshirt- $4.09 with credit from Newchic (save, splurge, worn here)
4. Layered necklace-c/o Newchic (save, splurge, worn here)
5. Graphic tee-c/o Newchic (save, splurge, worn here)
6. Red blazer-Banana Republic outlet $25.31 (save, splurge)
7. Athletic leggings-Costco $17.94 (save, splurge, similar worn here)
8. Scalloped cape-c/o SheIn (save, splurge, worn here)
9. Blue blanket scarf-c/o Zaful (save, splurge, worn here)
10. Statement necklace-c/o Zaful (save, splurge, worn here)
11. Fringed poncho-c/o Zaful (save, splurge, worn here)
12. Pink pleated velvet skirt-c/o Makemechic (save, splurge, worn here)
13. Black criss cross sweater-c/o Makemechic (save, splurge, worn here)
14. Grey cardigan-c/o Stylewe (save, splurge, worn here)
15. Booties-DSW $21.10 (save, splurge)
16. Grey jeans-Old Navy $0 with giftcard (save, splurge)
Back in November, I got the Portofino on sale with Express rewards, but accidentally forgot to put it on my budget post so I am including it here (oops). I also have two pairs of Rockstar Jeans from Old Navy that I am debating on keeping or returning (do they stretch out or keep their shape?) and a pair of riding boots from Macy's that may or may not be a shade too dark. If I decide to keep any of those I will include them on February's post.
I did get an amazing deal on the red blazer from Banana Republic Outlet (and teacher discount) over winter break. Red is typically a color I shy away from, but the fit was perfect and so was the price. I need to break out of my comfort color zone more anyway! I used a gift card I received for Christmas to replace my grey jeans. There were so many cute outfits I was seeing on pinterest with grey jeans, but I wasn't motivated to replicate them. It finally hit me that my grey jeans just didn't fit well and I wasn't a fan of the shade so I replaced them with a pair from Old Navy that fit much better! I wear my black pair of jeans from Old Navy at least once a week so I am thinking these will be worn quite a bit as well. DSW had a fabulous clearance sale and I had a $10 reward that was expiring so I found a pair of super cute and comfortable booties. They are perfect for my days off work. I was also lucky to have some great collaborations this month and scored pretty earrings, a blanket scarf, and a grey cardigan I had been wanting.
For next month I am still looking for a pair of burgundy heels. This pair from Lord & Taylor is very cute, but just a little higher than I'd like to pay. I am also on the hunt for a pair of darker (but not super dark) jeans. Like if it was a steak, I want medium-well. I just feel like if I want them to fit in the waist then they are loose in the ankles and visa versa. I've tried Express and the dark wash fits well, but the lighter colors are made of thinner fabric and stretch out (even if I size down). American Eagle doesn't fit tight in the ankle, and Old Navy seems to stretch out to much during the day, too. If you have recommendations, please share!
What are you on the look out for February?
linking up with Mix it Mondays, Oh to be a Muse, How I Fall, Shoe and Tell, Start the Week Stylish, The Wardrobe Stylist, Hello Monday, Franish