Matt and I had such a wonderful time last week during our trip to Ireland. You can check out a few photos from the trip on my Instagram. Thank you so much for continuing to read and for all your sweet comments! In lieu of a typical outfit post, I wanted to focus on some of the trends I saw during my trip. Whenever I travel I find it interesting to see what the trends are, especially if I am going to Europe. Even though the world feels as if it is getting smaller and trends find their way to the midwest faster than they used to, I still feel that Europe is a step of ahead, at least where I live. Here are some of the things I saw on people and in the stores:
1. Distressed black denim: This was everywhere! I've been thinking about investing in a pair and now I know I should go ahead with it!
2. Black moto jackets: Dublin was a little chilly in the mornings and I fit right in with my black moto jacket. Probably 90% of the jackets I saw were black moto jackets with some pastel ones sprinkled in. There were also a good amount of olive anorak jackets.
3. Short floral dresses: What did women wear under their moto jackets? Super short floral dresses with black tights. Most were way too short for me (how do they sit down, pick anything up, or deal with even the slightest breeze in those things?!), but you could easily emulate the look with something a bit longer.
5. Combat boots: You do a lot of walking while in Dublin so practical shoes are a must. There were very few women wearing heels unless it was when they were out for dinner. Mostly I saw combat boots with distressed jeans or dresses. I've had my eye out for a pair, but didn't have any luck this past winter or in Dublin. Bummer! These ones are all really cute though!
6. Athletic inspired clothing and shoes: Those that weren't wearing boots were in Converse, Keds inspired shoes, or athletic shoes. There were lots of people wearing spandex workout pants and sweatshirts during the day which I wouldn't recommend, but I did like the sweatshirt dresses and neon shoes I saw in stores!