So I actually made this a few weeks ago, but forgot to take final pictures. Ooops! So much to Matt's pleasure, I made them again. This time I actually remember to take pictures after they were baked. This recipe is from my mom. We loved this as kids. It is a healthier version fried chicken and tastes pretty delicious with some barbecue sauce.
1. These come together really quickly. You need 4-5 chicken breasts, 1/2c. yellow corn meal, 1/2c. flour, 1 1/2t. salt, 1/2t. oregano, 1/4t. pepper, 3t. chili powder, milk, and nonstick oven spray (preferably in butter flavor) or 8T. melted butter. Cut the chicken breasts into small pieces (about 2 inches in size).
2. Mix the corn meal, flour, salt, oregano, pepper, and chili powder in a large ziploc bag.
3. Soak the chicken pieces in a bowl of milk. Place them in a bag and shake them until coated.
4. Place them in a greased 9x13 pan.
5. Once all the pieces are coated and in a pan, spray with a butter flavored nonstick spray or melt 8T. butter and drizzle over top.
6. Bake at 375F for 35-40 minutes and serve with your favorite barbecue sauce!
linking up with All Things Pretty
Spicy Oven Fried Chicken
1/2c. yellow corn meal
1 1/2t. salt
3t. chili powder
4-5 chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
nonstick spray (preferably in butter flavor) or 8T. melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Grease 9x13 inch pan.
2. Combine corn meal, flour, salt, oregano, pepper, and chili powder in a plastic ziploc bag. Soak chicken pieces in a bowl of milk then place in bag and shake.
3. Place coated chicken pieces in greased pan close together. Spray with butter flavored oven spray or drizzle with melted butter. Bake for 35-40 minutes.